Although as tragic and upsetting as it is, there was 3 good things that came out that day. Through organ donation, my sister was able to help 3 complete strangers. Who I know in my heart will be forever grateful that our family made the decision to help someone else.
A special ceremony was held a few weeks ago, and I have to say that it was probably the most beautiful ceremony that I have ever been to. I would even say that it was more beautiful than most weddings that I have been to, including my own.
My mom had a quilt square with Ashley's information on it, and the then make them into a regular quilt which is then sent around the US for viewing at hospitals and such.
There were so many great speakers there, both a father of a donor, and then a donor's sister, and the recipient of a cornea. It is truly amazing all that they can do with organ donation.
They also asked that 1 person from each of the donor's families stand up and the recipients that were there all gave the donor's family an ornament, which said Thank You on it.
At the end, every single person that was there was handed a balloon and then we were all asked to release them together. It was beautiful.
Below are some pictures of the balloons going up into the air. But you will also see the most beautiful thing ever, a rainbow perfectly formed around the sun. It was like God was there telling everyone that all the donors were there looking down on all of us.

No comments:
Post a Comment